3.30.2009

Pass me the nautical themed pashmina afghan

I just realized that if I don't add a sweet picture or video to my blog the layout is really boring but I'm too lazy to change it. I'll make it my goal to add a pic to every post from now on. The topic of birthdays came up today with my neighbors being on Saturday, Haters in a week and mine in a couple weeks. This picture is from my 21st last year which was one of the best times I had in the house. Drinking at a bar is fun, but when its for someone's birthday, especially yours, it makes it so much better. Also, shows you who your true friends are (just kidding..or am I?). But it really was a great brotherhood "event."















The only thing that sucked was that I stayed up all night the night before and hadn't eaten much that day. This, obviously, is the worst way to prep for a numerous amount of shots (made it to 18 in an hour and a half). I'm just glad I didn't throw up at the bar in a pitcher (Hater) or lay on my side on the floor at the Delt house puking (Lobdell). Woke up the next day at 10 am feeling like a million dollars with no hangover, until I went back to sleep and woke up a couple hours later feeling like shit. 

I've been wondering something lately (sorry a little late). I'm all for ways to save energy and natural resources whatnot, but I think this Earth Hour is retarded. I'll go right wing extreme with this and say that its just a bunch of liberal hippies trying to 'save the environment, man'. This is what you could expect an advertisement promoting it to say, most likely on the Internet or 100% recycled paper, depending on which one wastes less energy/resources:
***Just forget innovation and freedom to enjoy normal activities (electricity, heat, anything fun, etc) and bike or drive your Prius down to the park for a candlelit gathering and sing-a-long. If you do drive and you're not carpooling you will be asked to leave, plant a tree, or participate in a peaceful protest at an abortion clinic. Feel free to bring your body, your spirit and a positive vibe! If you don't have a candle to bring they will be available for $1 with all proceeds going to the Peace Corps)*** 
So, this was on Saturday  and I guess 1 billion people participated according to my yahoo homepage. This, other than what the tree huggers have done before, is the start of socially involving global movement. Mizzou has their own version because of EH going on during Spring Break. I know I'm stretching it with this post, but this is just the start. Maybe you like the dark and this is how you eat dinner, and more power to you if it means that much to you. Next it will be bi-annually, then once a month, and before you know it we'll all be Amish. I'm already saving energy every night by not having my light on in my room when I sleep. Maybe I'll start a group promoting to keep every light on while sleeping because how much does it suck to get up and trip over shit searching for the light? Yeah. It's a pressing global problem if you haven't heard. Hey, while Obama is on his little spending spree why can't we throw some money at solar power for everyone? I hope some one actually reads this because I want to know what you think of this. 

Ok, I'm done. 

"Die Hippies"
-Eric Cartman






No comments:

Post a Comment